On 12 May 2016 9:00 am, "Igor Cicimov" <icici...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 May 2016 12:16 am, "Niranjan Babu Bommu" <niranjan.bo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I tried the same config on test stacks. numidle always "10" why it is
> > behaving differently in prod?
> >
> Are you sure your testing db config is identical to the prod one?
>
> > <Resource name="jdbc/DS"
> >           auth="Container"
> >           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> >           testWhileIdle="true"
> >           testOnBorrow="true"
> >           testOnReturn="false"
> >           fairQueue="false"
> >           validationQuery="SELECT 1"
> >           validationInterval="30000"
> >           timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="30000"
> >           maxActive="100"

Also according to your setup you can have up to 100 connections and since
this is a pool the connections will stay open and reused.

Regarding difference with test environment I assume it is simply because
you have different load ie much lower than prod hence less connections.

> >           maxIdle="10"
> >           minIdle="10"
> >           maxWait="10000"
> >           initialSize="10"
> >           removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
> >           removeAbandoned="true"
> >           logAbandoned="true"
> >           minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="300000"
> >           jmxEnabled="true"

jdbcInterceptors="ConnectionState;StatementFinalizer;ResetAbandonedTimer"
> >           username="<user>"
> >           password="<password>"
> >           driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://<DBservername>/<schema>?useServerPrepStmts=false&amp;useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true"/>