Hello,

I've used Tomcat to build web services and it is terrific.
Thanks a lot to all the Tomcat developers.

I need to call out from a servlet to a remote web service.
I know I can do this by piecing together a HTTP POST,
but I wonder if there are some functions in Tomcat to make
this easier. Hopefully I am overlooking something obvious.

Also, the request must be made via HTTPS.
Hopefully that doesn't complicate things too much.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this topic.

Robert Dodier