These are the versions of software I have to use.  I cannot install other
software:

Apache 2.2.15

mod_jk  1.2.41

Tomcat 8.0.36

Issue:

We are looking at having a domain where all content will get routed to Tomcat 8
except for three directories that contain static content.  These three
directories will be served up by Apache.  Based on the above versions how can I
tell Apache to handle just these three directories and then send all other
content requests to Tomcat?

Example Apache configuration.  This is obviously made up.  It is just for the
sake of providing a visual starting point:

<VirtualHost *:80>

      ServerName someserver.com

      DocumentRoot /www/testxxx/htdocs

      <Directory "/home/othercontent1">