I guess I should add that my partner did add this stuff to our ROOT.war(we deleted the ROOT directory) but it doesn't seem to work...

   <error-page>
       <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
       <location>/error.jspx</location>
   </error-page>
   <error-page>
       <error-code>500</error-code>
       <location>/error.jspx</location>
   </error-page>
   <error-page>
       <error-code>404</error-code>
       <location>/error.jspx</location>
   </error-page>

thanks,
dean

Dean Hiller wrote:

I finally gave up in searching for this(and my partner is soon to give up to) so I decided to ask here.

When I go to http://localhost:8080/NoPage.jsf, tomcat tells me the tomcat version and everything so I can google for tomcat hacks on that version. I would much prefer to hide the version number with my own "Resource not found" page. Is this possible?

for exceptions my app runs into, I am just using a filter to redirect to a page that doesn't show a tomcat version too.

thanks for any info,
dean