Lazar,

On 8/10/16 8:29 AM, Lazar Kirchev wrote:
> I tried with 32 MB and even 24 MB heap and the CPU usage and
> response time remained the almost the same (the difference is
> negligible) as with 1 GB heap. The cumulative allocated memory for
> the HeapByteBuffer remains about 400 MB, but of course the
> frequency of GCs is increased.

Sounds like Tomcat generates a bunch of temporary garbage with that
byte buffer change, but because the objects are so short-lived, they
have no impact on the GC performance, and thus no impact on the
response time.

Remember that GC performance depends upon the number of /live/ objects
moving between generations, not the number of total objects or memory
"used" by garbage. Actual garbage is basically ignored during a GC run.

- -chris

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Christopher Schultz <
> ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> Lazar,

hrev=