> From: McKenzie, Mitch [mailto:mmcken...@markelcorp.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 8.5 Resource Setting Says it's being ignored but
> documentation shows it is supported

> Seeing the following  warning for all of my datasources when tomcat 8.5.4
> starts up :
> Ignoring unknown property: value of "30000" for "validationInterval" property

As you should.

> factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSourceFactory"

> I see validationInterval in the docs here:
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/jdbc-pool.html

Which is the doc for org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.  If you're using DBCP2, you
should be looking at the following doc, which is linked to from at least two
places in the Tomcat web pages:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/configuration.html

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.