On 8/29/2016 8:34 AM, Mekkelsen Madden, Steve wrote:
I've setup Tomcat 8.5.3 as a Windows Service (configured the service.bat file) and
everything appears to be working fine.  I'm trying to find out if there are any
restrictions to the overall length of the parameters which can be used in the service.bat
for --JvmOptions " " ^ line.  This isn't specific to Tomcat 8.5.3 as I saw the
same in 8.0.x versions as well.  So it may just be NotePad++ doing something funky.

What I'm seeing when using NotePad++, is at column 1024 the text looks fine.
But for 16 characters after that, the text appears in light blue and the
remaining line looks okay.  I can't tell if there is a setting in NotePad++
that is simply identifying the first 1024 characters or if the validate for the
service.bat file is catching something I should be aware of.  Since this email
is text only, it is hard to show it, so I've taken a screen shot and pasted it
here: https://postimg.org/image/gv29etcdf/

I don't have any good way to verify if all the parameters did in fact load
properly, so reaching out to others to see if they have the same issue and/or
know how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Steve Mekkelsen Madden

The Tomcat Service Manager GUI may be used to set Tomcat system properties. The Tomcat 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer creates a shortcut to the GUI in the Windows start menu named "Configure Tomcat". The executable for the service manager GUI is located in the Tomcat bin directory and named Tomcat<version>w.exe. It is also included in the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows zip downloads.

In addition, system properties may be set in catalina.properties which is located in the Tomcat conf directory.

Hope that helps.

-Terence Bandoian
 http://www.tmbsw.com/