Hey Mark, thanks a lot.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/09/2016 11:54, Yuval Schwartz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Tomcat: 8.0.22
> > Java: jdk1.8.0_05
> > Server: Amazon Linux
> >
> > My web application looses access to the database after about 24hrs of
> > running (probably dependent on amount of users, not time).
> >
> > No messages/exceptions are printed to the console or log files.
>
> <snip/>
>
> > Any ideas as to what is going on?
>
> Some form of connection leak?
>
> For configuration options to fix the leak and track down the source see:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.
> html#Preventing_database_connection_pool_leaks
>
> You probably want to use logAbandoned="true" to find the source of any

I actually already have this enabled (and had it enabled when reporting the
issue to this group. But good to know that it slows things down, I will
disable in the future.

> leaks (it will slow things down so disable once you have fixed any leaks)
>
> It might also be a bug in the connection pool that has been fixed.
> Upgrading to the latest 8.0.x (or better still the latest 8.5.x) should
> address that.

I'll look for a bug report on this (although I haven't found anything as of
yet).
I wouldn't mind upgrading but do you think this could be a bug? I've been
running my application with this setup for about 8 months; the problem only
started in the last week.