Astor,

On 9/27/2016 12:45 PM, Astor John Pinto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have been trying to set up a websocket end point on Tomcat 8.
>
> The dependency in the pom.xml is
>
> <dependencies>
>
>         <dependency>
>
>             <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
>
>             <artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
>
>             <version>1.2</version>
>
>             <type>jar</type>
>
>             <scope>provided</scope>
>
>         </dependency>
>
>         <dependency>
>
>             <groupId>javax.websocket</groupId>
>
>             <artifactId>javax.websocket-api</artifactId>
>
>             <version>1.0</version>
>
>             <scope>provided</scope>
>
>         </dependency>
>
>     </dependencies>
>
> The handshake and connection works fine, while deploying the war file on
> localhost, but the handshake fails when we deploy(using aws elastic
> beanstalk) the war file on the Tomcat server.
>
> The handshake (http) url returns a 404 Not Found Error.
>
> What would be going wrong here?
>
> Thanks

It's been a while since I've played with the AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Tomcat AMI.

However if I remember correctly, the AMI fronts Tomcat with an Apache
HTTPD server and uses mod-proxy-http to forward requests.

In that case, the websocket connection won't work.

If the AMI is using Apache HTTPD 2.4, then you can possibly use
mod_proxy_wstunnel. It also depends on whether or not mod_proxy_wstunnel
is available on the AMI.

If so, then you'll have to provide the appropriate configuration files
in your Beanstalk bundle when you deploy.

Please note I have not tried any of this. I hope to get back to working
with AWS Elastic Beanstalk in a week or so for $work.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/