On 17 Nov 2016 4:38 am, "George Chanady" <gchan...@webhse.com> wrote:

> I hope someone can help.I have exhausted all my troubleshooting skills
and all of my newbie Linux knowledge and I am at the end of my rope.

> All documentation from around the web always seem to tell me to try
everything I have already tried. I am sure that there must be a caveat that
I am missing.

> I have an AWS Linux instance with Tomcat 7.0.73 and cannot for the life
of me get the SSL working.

> I set up the AWS instance with nothing else on the server and using a
fresh installation of Tomcat  with basic config settings. I am able to
connect http://mysite.com:8080 but cannot connect with
https://mysite.com:8443.
> I am able to SSH as that is the only way I communicate with the server.
>
> I only have forwarders for port 80 and 443 in the iptables and nothing
else and have security groups in AWS setup to allow all traffic from
everywhere for ports 80, 8080, 443, and 8443.

> I have ensured the ports needed are open and listening using netstat
> I have checked to ensure connectivity to the ports from other machines
using netcat
> I checked that the certs were installed properly and that the tomcat
connectors were pointed the proper location

> I am attaching my configuration from start to where I hit the wall.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

And you are sure the keystore loads properly?

<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
               maxThreads="200" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https"
secure="true"
               keystoreFile="/your/domain.keystore"
               keystorePass="your_passwd"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

Are those values for keystoreFile and keystorePass correct? Do you see any
errors in catalina.out log?