On 02.12.2016 13:27, Bipin Jethwani wrote:
We use Spring security and want to use Two Way SSL for a few Jersey based
REST APIs exposed for mobile devices. SSL is offloaded at load-balancer or
apache level.

Can we still get access to client certificate at web app level?

On second thought we can live without having access to client cert but can
we have load-balancer or apache configured to request for client cert only
for a specific urls?

On second thought, and after checking the Apache httpd configuration directives, you may want to look at this :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslverifyclient

It seems that, contrary to most SSL-oriented directives, this one /can/ be used at the "directory" level (which means also in a <Location> section).

So you could specify it only for some URLs, at the Apache httpd front-end level.

Is there a standard for this?

-Bipin

Hi.

If indeed "SSL is offloaded at load-balancer or apache level", isn't this more a question for the respective user's list of these products, rather than for the Tomcat user's list ?

If you do need some SSL information at the Tomcat back-end level, and if between your Apache httpd front-end, and the Tomcat back-ends, the proxy/balancer module which you are using is mod_jk, then you will find most pertinent information about passing SSL data from the front-end to the back-end Tomcat (even if you "terminate" the SSL at the httpd level), here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html