> Hi!
> I have 2 different projects in the same server. My server has 16GB Ram and
> 8 core so I am not sure if I need to up 2 instance of Tomcat or just one
> instace and Tomcat server both projects.
>

> What is the best configuration ? I have too ApacheWeb Sserver like proxy
> and SSL and virtual server.
>

> Any cluees or ideas? Pro and cons about each solution
>

> TIA

It depends on the application. On some of my servers, the application
provider recommend a limit on the number of concurrent connections per
instance. I am even not sure it is justified, however, since we get support
from this provider we have to conform to its directives. However, something
good about having more than one instance is you can shutdown the
application without interrupting the service.

For ressources consumption, you need to look at what your specific
applications need and what kind of workload you expect. Giving the amount
of RAM and the number of cores is useless. I run 9 instances of Tomcat on a
single server with 16 GB of RAM and 2 cores.

Regards,
Daniel Savard