Per,

On 12/22/16 11:45 AM, Per Newgro wrote:
> no we don't see the same problems with a 7.0.64 installation. But
> what can we do with our debian version. I think it shall be
> possible to configure the datasource somehow.

It's possible that there was an imperfect patch released by Debian.

I don't believe I've heard anyone else complain yet, but that may just
be dumb luck.

- -chris

> On 16 December 2016 09:12:24 GMT+00:00, Per Newgro
> <per.new...@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i've just updated my debian server with a update for tomcat
>>> 7.0.28-4+deb7u6 to 7.0.28-4+deb7u7.
>> Do you see the same problem with the latest 7.0.x obtained
>> directly from the ASF?
>>
>> Mark
>>

>>> In the release notes
>>> (https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/tomcat7/news/20161201T223017Z.html
)
>>> i found

>>> application
>>> linked to the
>>> to access
>>> been
>>> I configured the the resource and resource link as described in
>>> the tomcat-howtos. So far it worked. But after the update my
>>> webapp can not determine the appropriate datasource.
>>>
>>> I couldn't find any advice in the web how to configure the
>>> resource accordingly. Can someone please give me an advice how
>>> to solve this. Thanks Per
>>>
>>> <pre> conf/server.xml <Server...> <!-- Global JNDI resources
>>> Documentation at /docs/jndi-resources-howto.html -->
>>> <GlobalNamingResources> <!-- Editable user database that can
>>> also be used by UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
>>> <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>>> type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User
>>> database that can be updated and saved"
>>> factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"
>>> pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
>>>
>>> <Resource name="jdbc/foo" auth="Container"
>>> type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="Foo Datasource"
>>> username="foo" password="bar"
>>> url="jdbc:sqlserver://11.211.255.3;databaseName=FOO;"
>>> driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
>>> intitalSize="5" maxWait="5000" maxActive="120" maxIdle="5"
>>> validationQuery="select 1" poolPrepareStatements="true" />
>>> </GlobalNamingResources> </Server>
>>>

>>> webapps/foo/META-INF/context.xml <Context> <!-- If the
>>> application has to run on tomcat this context can be used to
>>> include files outside of the war in the classpath. So these
>>> files can be configured with a custom war deployment. All
>>> required resources of the src/test/resources folder have to be
>>> copied to that folder.
>>>
>>> --> <Loader
>>> className="org.apache.catalina.loader.VirtualWebappLoader"
>>> virtualClasspath="${catalina.base}/conf/application/foo" />
>>>
>>> <ResourceLink name="jdbc/foo" global="jdbc/foo"
>>> type="javax.sql.DataSource"/> </Context>
>>>
>>> webapps/foo/WEB-INF/web.xml
>>>
>>> <resource-ref> <description>DB Connection</description>
>>> <res-ref-name>jdbc/foo</res-ref-name>
>>> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> <!-- was: Application
>>> --> <res-auth>Container</res-auth> </resource-ref>
>>>
>>> Spring configuration public @Bean(destroyMethod="") DataSource
>>> applicationDb( @Value("${database.driver}") String
>>> driverClassName, @Value("${database.url}") String url,
>>> @Value("${database.username}") String username,
>>> @Value("${database.password}") String password) throws
>>> NamingException { InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
>>> DataSource ds = (DataSource)
>>> ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/foo"); // this logs a
>>> BasicDataSource instance LOG.debug("Datasource=" + ds); return
>>> ds == null ? devDataSource(driverClassName, url, username,
>>> password) : ds; }
>>>
>>> Exception stack at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.c
reateNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.j
ava:343)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPr
opertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:318)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1637)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1574)

... 40 more
>>> Dez 16, 2016 10:08:06 AM
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
>>> SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception sending context initialized event to
>>> listener instance of class
>>> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
>>> creating bean with name 'supportedLocaleDao': Injection of
>>> persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCr eationException: Error
>>> creating bean with name 'applicationEntityManagerFactory'
>>> defined in class de.itcompany.config.AppctxJeeHb: Invocation of
>>> init method failed; nested exception is
>>> org.hibernate.HibernateExcepti on: Unable to determine
>>> appropriate DataSource to use at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.
java:357)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1214)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:543)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getO
bject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegist
ry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetB
ean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
n(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:772)

at
>>> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finis
hBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:839)

at
>>> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refre
sh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:538)

at
>>> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWeb
ApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:446)

at
>>> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationCont
ext(ContextLoader.java:328)

at
>>> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitial
ized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardConte
xt.java:4827)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardConte
xt.java:5321)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBas
e.java:899)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:8
75)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:618
)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:963
)

at
>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java
:1600)

at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:5
11)

>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:1142)

at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Caused by:
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
>>> creating bean with name 'applicationEntityManagerFactory'
>>> defined in class de.itcompany.config.AppctxJeeHb: Invocation of
>>> init method failed; nested exception is
>>> org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to determine
>>> appropriate DataSource to use at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1578)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:545)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getO
bject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegist
ry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetB
ean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
n(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryUtils.findEntityMana
gerFactory(EntityManagerFactoryUtils.java:130)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor.findNamedEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProces
sor.java:556)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor.findEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.j
ava:538)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor$PersistenceElement.resolveEntityManager(PersistenceAnnotationBean
PostProcessor.java:707)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor$PersistenceElement.getResourceToInject(PersistenceAnnotationBeanP
ostProcessor.java:680)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata$Injec
tedElement.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:169)

at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata.injec
t(InjectionMetadata.java:88)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostPro
cessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.
java:354)

... 26 more
>>> Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to
>>> determine appropriate DataSource to use at
>>> org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DatasourceConnectionP
roviderImpl.configure(DatasourceConnectionProviderImpl.java:119)

at
>>> org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.con
figureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:111)

at
>>> org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializ
eService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:234)

at
>>> org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getServic
e(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:206)

at
>>> org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl.buildJdbcConnect
ionAccess(JdbcServicesImpl.java:260)

at
>>> org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl.configure(JdbcSe
rvicesImpl.java:94)

at
>>> org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.con
figureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:111)

at
>>> org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializ
eService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:234)

at
>>> org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getServic
e(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:206)

at
>>> org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildTypeRegistrations(Configuration
.java:1887)

at
>>> org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.ja
va:1845)

at
>>> org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl$4.pe
rform(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:857)

at
>>> org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl$4.pe
rform(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:850)

at
>>> org.hibernate.boot.registry.classloading.internal.ClassLoaderService
Impl.withTccl(ClassLoaderServiceImpl.java:425)

at
>>> org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.buil
d(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:849)

at
>>> org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.SpringHibernateJpaPersistenceProv
ider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(SpringHibernateJpaPersistencePr
ovider.java:60)