I have an app that runs in a single WAR file deployment (single webapp context). I added some Apache RewriteRule statements to hide the actual URLs for pages in the webapp. All of the rules still resolve to the single WAR file context. But the problem is now I get a different session on each page. I need to pass a session variable from page to page. Everything worked with a single session until I moved to the RewriteRule statements. Am I missing some flag in the RewriteRule or a Tomcat config option that will allow me to keep one session even with RewriteRules in effect?

Here's one of the Apache statements:

RewriteRule ^/precheckout$ /order/jsp/user/termsandconditions.jsp [PT]

What am I missing?