Hi Mark,

For reproducing, if you're making the requests locally to the server that
might be why you're not seeing the issue occur. I had been testing between
servers (client on server A, tomcat on server B); I tried this morning
doing a wget locally to tomcat and do not see the issue occur (no
WSAECONNABORTED status) while doing the wget remotely does get the aborted
status.

in sslnetwork.c:ssl_socket_recv adding the following debug statements;

 if (s == 0 && (SSL_get_shutdown(con->ssl) & SSL_RECEIVED_SHUTDOWN)) {
                con->shutdown_type = SSL_SHUTDOWN_TYPE_STANDARD;
                return APR_EOF;
            }
printf("ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for i: %d\n", i);
printf("ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for s: %d\n", s);
printf("ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for rv: %d\n", rv);
printf("ssl_socket_recv:: con->shutdown_type: %d\n", con->shutdown_type);
fflush(stdout);

            switch (i) {
                case SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ:
                case SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE:

Outputs:
Local server (wget --no-check-certificate  https://localhost:8443/examples
)

ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for i: 5
ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for s: -1
ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for rv: 730054
ssl_socket_recv:: con->shutdown_type: 2

While on remote server performing the same request (wget
--no-check-certificate https://serverB:8443/examples)

ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for i: 5
ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for s: -1
ssl_socket_recv:: Have value for rv: 730053
ssl_socket_recv:: con->shutdown_type: 2

Thanks,