> Hi, I've been looking for a solution to this question. We have a setup of a
> couple api servers running tomcat 7.0.65. For both servers we had http
> redirect to https set up so when people access to
> http://my-api1:8080, it is automatically redirect to https://my-api1:8443
> The redirect works fine for all our REST services. However, when we setup a
> load balancer in front of the two servers, and setup the redirect as
> following: http://api-lb:8080 to https://lb-api:8443, our POST was redirected
> as GET causing the request to fail. Is there any setup we can do to force the
> POST not being redirect to GET?

1. You know that "api-lb" and "lb-api" above are two different host names?

2. What HTTP response code is send to client to perform the redirection?
(What is displayed by access log? Or by "network" monitoring tool in
browser.  What are actual responses to perform the redirection).

Some response codes used for redirects allow the browser to change
POST to GET, some do not. See the HTTP protocol specification for
details.
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Specifications

Is redirect performed by a single response, or there are several
redirect responses in a chain, A -> B -> C/ ?

3. Actual configuration?

(For someone else to reproduce the issue or to match your tale to
their configs).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko