Hi all,

My name is Coty and I'm the maintainer for RHEL tomcat and a
co-maintainer for Fedora/EPEL tomcat. I'm reaching out to you all in
response to the tomcat users list thread (subject: TomcatCon @
ApacheCon) to see if you're interested in doing a talk with me about
linux packaging at the upcoming ApacheCon NA conference. Is anyone
interested? Do you know any of the maintainers for other linux
distributions that may be interested?

As far as the talk goes, I figure it could be a panel discussion; we
can take some topics/slides on how each distro packages tomcat
differently and why we do that, then get the audience engaged to
solicit some feedback on how we can better provide tomcat in our
respective distros. We could also use this as a forum to bring up
tomcat backwards compatibility issues, as I've gotten lots of
complaints about that in the past :( The other tomcat committers seem
to be pretty open to these discussions, so I'd love to include other
distros in the conversation to get all the different perspectives we
can.

Thanks!
Coty