blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px
#715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white
!important; } When I run my application in a windows environment I use a few
hundred megabytes.  When I use RHL, it takes up the entire 16gb of memory in QA
with one user within minutes.  The memory is also unaccounted for.  My user
says I am using a few gigabytes and root doesn't own hardly anything.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, March 20, 2017, 2:11 PM, Thomas Meyer <tho...@m3y3r.de> wrote:

With kind regards
Thomas
> Am 17.03.2017 um 14:54 schrieb Christopher Schultz
> <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
>> Note that Java *never* gives any memory back to the OS, even when the
> heap-usage goes down. This is a Java thing, not a Tomcat thing.

Are you sure about this? I think I've read otherwise somewhere. A quick google
showed up this: http://stackoverflow.com/a/30464183

With kind regards
Thomas