Osama

> I have been asked by a company to update their existing working
> tomcat 5 application, which is working on an old Windows 2003
> platform and accessing SQL 2005. The new servers are Windows and
> SQL 2012. I downloaded  and installed Tomcat 8.5.12. So, what I
> need to do for migrating the existing application to work on the
> new environment?

If you do not have automated integrated testing to test your current SQL,
stored procedures, etc., on the new SQL Server 2012 platform, one thing I would
recommend is using the "SQL Server 2012 Upgrade Advisor".  It will help point
out the areas in your current SQL server 2005 database that are not compatible
with 2012.  There are some differences that could cause your stored procedures
and other SQL to no longer run/compile.

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer