This is tomcat 8.0.28

Background:

Tomcat will be running fine, we can deploy new versions of webapps via
parallel deploy no problems. Then, after a few days, tomcat will stop
picking up new versions of webapps. It's like tomcat has decided to stop
watching for new files. It's very odd. I've tried things like touching the
files to wake it up, but I've found nothing short of doing a full stop and
restart to get parallel deployment going again.

I don't see anything in the changelogs that addresses a problem like this,
so I'm not 100% sure an upgrade will help. Maybe someone knows better than
I.

So I'm stumped. I need some ideas from you expert people. Stopping and
starting the service is exactly the thing we started using parallel
deployment to avoid!