Am 29.05.2017 um 13:34 schrieb Shaik, Mohammad N.:
> Hello Olaf,
>
> Thanks for your response!
>
> Based on your inputs, we are thinking to put Apache httpd in front of Tomcat
> 6 server, since our header configuration is going to be static.
>
> Can you please help us in identifying which version of Apache HTTP Server we
> can use for Tomcat 6 version? Also, it will be great if you can share some
> guidelines on how to implement Apache in front of Tomcat.

For completeness sake I'd like to answer a few of these questions,
rather briefly. It seems that you're deep into implementing
Christopher's solution of compiling the newer filters for Tomcat 6.

Every current Apache httpd is fine, no version restriction. Especially:
Choose one that will get updates for quite a while, not like the
outdated Tomcat version you're running. Read on mod_proxy,
mod_proxy_ajp, mod_jk and mod_proxy_http, which are all keywords on the
connection between Apache and tomcat. Once you've set this up, setting
the headers is a matter of adding the "Header" directive to httpd's
configuration. I understand though, that setting up the connection can
be some task if you've never done that. Especially if you're using
https, and also refer to it in your webapp's code (e.g. to validate
client certs) - but as you give no clue you're doing that, I'm assuming
you don't and the setup would be easy.

Anyway, feel free to utilize the newer code - I just wanted this
information to be in this thread as well. However, once you're done with
it: Utilize even more newer code and prepare to migrate away from your
discontinued tomcat version.

Olaf