The jar file is in /tomcat/lib. The class is super simple

package org.redacted;
public class JNDIRealmExt extends JNDIRealm{
@Override public String getConnectionPassword(){
 return Utility.decrypt(connectionPassword);
}
}

server.xml looks like this

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">

<Realm   className="org.redacted.JNDIRealmExt"
connectionName="ldapUser"
connectionPassword="encryptedPasswordHere"
connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389";
userBase="..."
userSearch="..."
roleBase="..."
roleName=".."
roleSubtree=".."
roleSearch=".."
referrals="follow"

/>

resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
</Realm>

I'm attaching the debugger pretty close to tomcat's startup and the
getConnectionPassword method never fires. I do see tons of logs in the
console for ldap connection failures due to the password not
functioning (pretty much immediately locks the account out at the ldap
server). The stack trace does not included my extended JNDI class,
only the tomcat provided JNDIRealm class.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Christopher Schultz