The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Apache Tomcat 9 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M26 is a milestone release of the 9.0.x branch and
has been made to provide users with early access to the new features in
Apache Tomcat 9.0.x so that they may provide feedback. The notable
changes compared to 9.0.0.M22 include:
- When generating JSP runtime error messages that quote the relevant JSP
source code, switch from using the results of the JSP page parsing
process to using the JSR 045 source map data to identify the correct
part of the JSP source from the stack trace. This significantly
reduces the memory footprint of Jasper in development mode, provides a
small performance improvement for error page generation and enables
source quotes to continue to be provided after a Tomcat restart.
- Add LoadBalancerDrainingValve, a Valve designed to reduce the amount
of time required for a node to drain its authenticated users
- Improve the Default Servlet's handling of static files when the file
encoding is not compatible with the required response encoding.
- Add support for a Tomcat specific deployment descriptor,
/WEB-INF/tomcat-web.xml. This descriptor has an identical format to
/WEB-INF/web.xml. The Tomcat descriptor takes precedence over any
settings in conf/web.xml but does not take precedence over any
settings in /WEB-INF/web.xml.
- Add ExtractingRoot, a new WebResourceRoot implementation that extracts
JARs to the work directory for improved performance when deploying
packed WAR files.
- Add support to the WebSocket client for following redirects when
attempting to establish a WebSocket connection. Patch provided by J
- Add support for the %X pattern in the AccessLogValve that reports the
connection status at the end of the request. Patch provided by Zemian
Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 7.x and 8.x:
- The Apache Tomcat team
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@tomcat.apache.org