Longshot....something in .profile of the user the Tomcat instance is running under?

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
Twitter - Sys_i_Geek  IBM_i_Geek

On 9/7/2017 1:10 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
I've got two separate boxes, both running Debian Jessie, with both Tomcat 7.0.56 and Tomcat 8.5.14 installed, all of the installations via an apt-get from Debian's repositories.

On one of the boxes (Tomcat 8.5 installed alongside Tomcat 7 with no previous Tomcat 8), Tomat 8 is somehow pulling the root context from Tomcat 7: the Tomcat 8.5 server is going to /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT when it should be going to /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT.

On the other box (Tomcat 8.5 installed on top of Tomcat 8.0, alongside Tomcat 7), the Tomcat 8.5 server is correctly finding /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT.

On both boxes, Tomcat 8.5 is correctly finding its manager context at /usr/share/tomcat8-admin/manager, while Tomcat 7 finds its manager context at /usr/share/tomcat7-admin/manager.

The only difference is that on the box that's finding the correct root context, Tomcat 8.5 was installed on top of Tomcat 8.0, while on the one that's finding the wrong root context, it was installed without any previous Tomcat 8. In both cases, the installations were alongside existing Tomcat 7 installations.

Can anybody point me to the right haystack to find my needle?

--
James H. H. Lampert