On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 11/09/17 19:07, Coty Sutherland wrote:
>
>> So, my questions comes down to "Can I configure a PropertySource
>> instance and pass that to tomcat's Digester before tomcat starts?".
>
> No, because of the way it is currently coded.

I thought so.

>> Is this a silly question? If so, why?
>
> No. N/A.
>
> I can see the benefit in making it configurable.
>
> It looks like you'd need something along the lines of an
> addSource(IntrospectionUtils.PropertySource) method that added to the
> source array.

Hm. So I took a look at the Digester and having a way to add the
source there would be ideal, but I think that only solves the issue of
having tomcat's internal classes configure it, right? I don't see a
way to do something like tomcat.setDigester(myDigester) anywhere. As
far as the digester that loads the server.xml I just see
o.a.c.startup.Catalina.createStartDigester(). I've only had a second
to look at it, but I'd love to figure this out. Hints appreciated :)

I guess I should create an enhancement BZ for this?