Am 13.10.2017 um 09:01 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> From memory, # isn't one of the allowed exceptions.
>
> The full list of invalid characters in the request line that Tomcat
> started to check for is:
> ' ', '\"', '#', '<', '>', '\\', '^', '`', '{', '|', '}'
>
> The allowed exceptions are (currently) '{', '|', '}'
>
> Mark
By the way:

While fully agreeing, that the '#' character should not be sent by a
client to the server, it still would be desirable to have those three by
optional configuration allowed characters, also be made a configurable
exception in Tomcat 9.

As fas as I know, this option has been allowed up to and including
Tomcat 8.5 only.

While it is a good thing to save the world, real world scenarios may differ.

Thanks for considering.

Markus