> Hi All,
>
> I am using Tomcat 7.0.81 on centos 7.2 and using openjdk 1.7.0.141.
> The problem I am seeing recently is manager*.log and localhost*.log files
> are not created. Instead, I see the messages that were to be written into,
> manager.log are going into Catalina.out. catalina.out and
> localhost_access.log continue to work like before.
> May I know how and from where to start debugging this?
> I have verified logging.properties, there is no issue with it.

My guess is that "java.util.logging.manager" and
"java.util.logging.config.file" system properties are not set,
and thus java uses default implementation of java.util.logging instead
of the one provided by Tomcat's
org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager.

Those properties are usually set by catalina.sh (and there is a
comment at that top of that file).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko