Using Chris's algorithm, I searched for ".tld" in all jars used by both tomcat
and my application extending it.
The following two were in my .../WEB-INF/lib directory and needed to NOT be in
the list of NOT-TO_SCAN   i.e. ...  they need to be scanned:
jasperreports-5.1.0.jar matches;  jstl-impl-1.2.jar matches
The following three are interesting as they are in the tomcat distributed list
of NOT-TO_SCAN and have .tlds:  catalina-storeconfig.jar; ecj-4.6.1.jar;
tomcat-util-scan.jar
The latter 3 are more interesting as I am surprised they are there (except for
the last one :=]]] )