On 08/12/17 22:13, Chris Cheshire wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 08/12/17 18:49, Chris Cheshire wrote:
>>> I have a directory resource set defined in my context.xml to handle images :
>>>
>>> <Resources>
>>>   <PreResources className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
>>>                 base="${catalina.base}/cdn/p/images"
>>>                 webAppMount="/images" />
>>> </Resources>
>>>
>>> The /p in there actually represents the context path - a given sandbox
>>> might have the same webapp deployed at different context paths
>>> representing different development branches. Is it possible to use a
>>> replacement parameter similar to catalina.base to replace the context
>>> path the webapp is deployed at?
>>
>> Yes. You can use ant style property replacement in any XML file that is
>> processed by the digester (server.xml, context.xml, web.xml)
>>
>> See the opening section of
>>
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/index.html
>>
>> for details.
>>
>> Mark
>>

> I logged the System properties and there is nothing in there for the
> context path.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what you were asking. This isn't
possible out of the box.

Injecting a special property (org.apache.tomcat.contextPath ?) should be
doable when working with context specific configuration files -
context.xml and web.xml - although there might be some edge cases with
context.xml since sometimes the context path is set in the file. I think
they can be handled with some documentation.

Care to create an enhancement request? Better still, how do you fancy
taking a stab at a patch? We can give you some pointers to get started
if required.

Mark