Hi.  I am working on migrating from Tomcat 8 (not 8.5) to Tomcat 9.  Everything
worked great, except that when we run Tomcat 9 behind a reverse proxy, our
redirects don't work anymore.  I am able to run the same webapp under both and
am doing so.  The one running under Tomcat 8 works, the one running under
Tomcat 9 does not.

I put my webapp on a non-https port and used wireshark.  The 302 responses are
different.  Notice the "Location" is absolute in 8 and relative in 9.

Tomcat 8: HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily\r\n
Tomcat 8:   Location: http://x86test.dev.donnell.com:8502/OcieWS/index.jsp\r\n

Tomcat 9: HTTP/1.1 302 \r\n----
Tomcat 9:   Location: /OcieWS/index.jsp\r\n

The Apache reverse proxy must be able to substitute the proxied full path using
the location is Tomcat 8, but is unable to in Tomcat 9.
Anyone know what is going on here?  Is this a bug, or a specification change,
or a bug fix, ...?

Thanks,

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, INĀ  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaas...@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.