Zahi,

On 23.4.2018. 16:38, Zahi Fail wrote:
> This is the following code from my web.xml file:
> *and in the tomcat-user.xml i have updated the code as below: *

You need to configure appropriate realm. Did you do that? You can do it in your webapp's context.xml, or in server.xml file, but the former method is recommended, because of easier deployment.

Take a look at:

  https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/realm-howto.html

If you want to keep usernames and passwords in XML file (like tomcat-users.xml), you should use UserDatabaseRealm, but you also have other options for storing credentials -- e.g. SQL database or LDAP directory.

-Ognjen