> Are you sure the L7 load balancer can handle HTTP upgrade? Looking at
> the Amazon docs you want an "Application load balancer" rather than a
> "Classic load balancer"
>
> My guess is that the load balancer is removing one or more of the
> headers Tomcat depends on to identify the request as a WebSocket
> request. Can you use tcpdump to capture a request that returns a 404?
> Looking at that trace should point us in the right direction.
>
> Mark

thx mark

thats very likely it.

https://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/details/#compare

weird thing is websockets are working with classic tcp/layer 4 ...
I guess that is kind of logical because everything is just send as is...

and the the http/https layer 7 one of classes really doesn't support it
correctly

And ALB doesnt support smtp and other ports that we need (At least that is
what is told to me)

And in the end we also need sticky session support and so (what only an
http or application load balancer supports)
so we have here an very annoying problem that any solution we pick will not
support all features that we need...

--
Johan Compagner
Servoy