I seem to have some odd behaviour on tomcat 4.0.x - I know this is an
old version - we're not the only app running underneath it and one of
the others doesn't support later versions :(

We have a servlet which matches the url pattern

/html/*

In this servlet we first tracelog that we enter the doGet and then call
getPathInfo() to get the rest of the info.

Now - this works very well apart from this one issue.

If the path info part of the URL contains a %

/app/html/foo/bar+5%/baz

then tomcat (correctly as far as I can see) throws a 400 error about syntax.

So - we url encode the %

/app/html/foo/bar+5%25/baz

Now - tomcat no longer errors - nothing in catalina logs - but - the
doGet method on the servlet no longer gets called at all.

Any info on why this is happening (false assumption on my part, bug in
tomcat, bug in my code, bug in url encoding etc)?

Totally lost at this end. Encoding other chars (e.g. øæå) seems to work
just fine.

Chris