Chris,

Thanks for your reply.  I will implement your recommendations in my next
iterations.

Currently I did as below.

I copied the keystore file as /home/apexadmin/.keystore

and made below entry in server.xml

   <Connector port="8080"  protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
            maxThreads="200" redirectPort="8443" scheme="https" >
               <Certificate certificateFile="/home/apexadmin/.keystore"
                            keystorePass="changeit" type="RSA"
                            clientAuth="false" SSLEnabled="true"
sslProtocol="TLS"

               </Certificate>
    </Connector>

Opened the port 8443 and recycled tomcat.

But no use

Thanks
Venkat

>>> Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> 8/2/2018 12:09 PM >>>

Venkataraman,

On 8/2/18 12:05 PM, Venkataraman Srinivasan wrote:
> I used below command to create certificate locally.
>
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore
> /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.32/keystore
Okay, so you have a self-signed certificate.

Have you tried anything to configure Tomcat for TLS/SSL? If so, what?

If you haven't tried anything, yet, have you read any documentation on
the Tomcat site for how to configure TLS?

(BTW, you probably have a certificate that doesn't last as long as you
might think, and the key might not have as many bits as you might
like. Consider inspecting the certificate and key to see the details
and decide if it meets your needs. Personally, I always use RSA keys
of at least 4096-bits and use SHA256 signatures on the certificates.
The validity period is up to you. You might also consider using an EC
key+certificate, since the same "strength" key+cert can be processed
with less CPU time than an equivalent RSA key.)

- -chris

> Venkataraman,
>
> On 8/2/18 12:00 PM, Venkataraman Srinivasan wrote:
>> Please help me in enabling SSL certificate in Tomcat Apache
>> servers.
>
> Do you already have a certificate signed by a CA?
>
> What have you already tried?
>
> -chris

> This email has been scanned for spam and viruses. Visit the
> following link to report this email as spam:
> https://attseg.cloud-protect.net/index01.php?mod_id=11&mod_option=logi
tem&mail_id=1533225806-BgkdviBw265M&r_address=venkataraman.srinivasan%40
gcrta.org&report=1