On 05/08/2018 08:51, Karen Goh wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Spring Boot web app which gives me an error which is related to
Tomcat, specifically embedded Tomcat.

There is nothing related in the internet related to this problem so I am hoping
someone in this group would be able to provide me with the solutions.

This is the error stack :

<snip/>

2018-08-05 15:24:17.153  WARN 4856 --- [ost-startStop-1]
o.a.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner  : Failed to scan
[file:/C:/Users//.m2/repository/org/glassfish/hk2/hk2/2.5.0-b42/hk2-utils.jar]
from classloader hierarchy

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Users\\.m2\repository\org\glassfish\hk2\hk2\2.5.0-b42\hk2-utils.jar (The
system cannot find the file specified)

<snip/>

I do not know why suddenly I am receiving all these errors.  I tried Maven
clean, install etc but the same error keeps coming and I can't continue my work.

Those are warnings. There is nothing there that stops Tomcat from continuing.

At a guess, you have a JAR file that contains a manifest that defines a class path and the JARs it lists are not present.

If my guess is correct, you have a couple of options:

1. Look in the JARs you are using, figure out which one defines a class path in its manifest and configure Tomcat to skip that JAR.

2. Configure Tomcat to skip the JARs it can't find.

3. Disable manifest scanning in the StandardJarScanner

Mark