Hi,

one of the systems we are consulting has encountered a strange problem. The
sessions will build up indefinitely but never expire. Then, at one point
(at 02am in the night, 19K sessions would drop at once).
Of course the simplest explanation would be that someone is actively
requests something every 15 minutes (session timeout) keeping track of the
JSESSIONID. We are trying to track this through the access_log and such.
However, my question, is it possible to prevent session from timeouting by
doing something stupid code-wise? Like storing a session in a hashmap
somewhere, and accessing some attributes from time to time? My
understanding was that the session timeout is solely dependent on incoming
requests and handled by the container, but I was not 100% sure ;-)

Thanks in advance
Leon