We would like to run a binary protocol in a Tomcat container, so that
binary sent to a specific port all ends up in a specific servlet. This is
not AJP, we do not want Tomcat itself to look at the bits, just pass them
through.

So in Tomcat parlance we need a special Connector.

Does such a thing exist or do we need to write it ourselves?

Tomcat itself is a fixed requirement for the container architecture. Just
having a process listening on a port is not considered to be enterprisy
enough.

Thanks,

Anthony

--

Dr Anthony Berglas, anth...@berglas.org       Mobile: +61 4 4838 8874
Just because it is possible to push twigs along the ground with ones nose