Hi,

We are setting up Tomcat 8 to use a CGI program (.exe, proprietary) to
generate and return various JSON responses. This all works fine when the
response is a HTTP 200. But, when an HTTP error is returned (HTTP 4xx),
Tomcat is generating the HTML page instead.

We have the same setup working under IIS, and we had to configure the
following option there to stop IIS doing the same thing:

<httpErrors existingResponse="Passthrough">

Is there an existing option somewhere in Tomcat that will do the same thing
(ie keep the CGI response intact even if it's a HTTP error)? I can't seem
to find one.
---
Daniel Becroft