Hi Folks

What has anyone been thinking about the upcoming Oracle Java 11 release /
support stuff?  Frankly,  I'm confused by it all and am still trying to wrap my
brain around it.  I have concerns about the potential implications for my
little project, and also wonder about Tomcat at large.

No JRE - huh?  How do we run Java apps w/o a Java runtime?  Wouldn't installing
a JDK in production be kind of a security issue?  I can imagine security
departments not being thrilled about that.  Does Tomcat support being run on an
OpenJRE?

Are there any implications for Tomcat?

I am imagining spending all my time being taken up by Java upgrades with
subsequent builds, regression testing, red tape, and deployments, without
delivering any actual new value to our customer.  :-\

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer