Hi

El mar., 16 oct. 2018 a las 1:49, Igor Cicimov (<icici...@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I just want to clarify something that I've been seeing behave differently
> on various Java versions during the years. In case we have the following
> setting:
>
> -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/keystore/truststore.jks"
>
> in Tomcat's default config file, is JVM suppose to fall back to the global
> CA store on the server under /etc/ssl/certs for verification in case *any*
> of the certificates returned by a trusted domain are not present in the
> above JKS store? By any I mean, all the certs in the chain returned by the
> SSL handshake.
>
> For example, lets say we have a situation like this:
>
> DigiCert Global Root G2 -> RapidSSL TLS RSA CA G1 -> CN=*.mydomain.com
>
> Lets say I have imported the *CN=*.mydomain.com <http://mydomain.com>*
> certificate in the truststore.jks, the question is is JVM going to look
> under /etc/ssl/certs for RapidSSL in order to validate the CN signature and
> then for DigiCert to validate the RapidSSL cert?
>
> As I said I had a mixed luck with this over the years, sometimes it works
> as (I) expect it to work i.e. verify the certs by looking at the system CA
> store and sometimes this is not the case.

My experience is that if you store a server certificate in the
truststore.jks , don't search anyone more.
This behaviour makes sense for me because you are saying that you
trust in that certificate because you verified ( by other means ) it
before
Even if certificate is expired ( and server send it expired too,
obviously ) , I think that is validated as trusted

Regards