I'm testing my company's web application using the Tomcat 9.0.10 embedded jars. I'm running tests on my Ubuntu 18.04 development machine.

We have been successfully using the 8.5.x embedded jars in production. When we attempt to use the 9.0.x jars (in our specific case 9.0.10 but we have also seen this not work in other 9.0.x versions), Bootstrap Glyphicons do not show up correctly. In Chrome's console, the following warnings show up:

Failed to decode downloaded font: http://localhost:9020/Infrared360/common/framework/bootstrap/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff
OTS parsing error: incorrect file size in WOFF header
OTS parsing error: cmap: misaligned table

These warnings and the Bootstrap Glyphicons not displaying properly show up after I ONLY (in other words, NOTHING except...) switch out the 8.5 embedded jars with the 9.0 jars.

What do I need to do to get the Bootstrap Glyphicons to display properly in Tomcat embedded 9.0.x?