De : Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Envoyé : jeudi 8 novembre 2018 23:37
À : users@tomcat.apache.org
Objet : Re: Default context.xml with parallel deployment

On 08/11/2018 20:45, Gilles SCHLIENGER wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are using Tomcat 9.0.8.
>
> We are using xml context files in
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ to store the database connexion
> information.
>
> When using parallel deployment, I understand that you should use for specific
> context xml files :
> - for myapplication##1.war : myapplication##1.xml
> - for myapplication##2.war : myapplication##2.xml
>
> We would like to have a default context xml file ONLY available for the «
> myapplication » application but for all versions
>
> It seems we could use a file called « context.xml.default » but the
> properties would be also available to other applications, which we don't want.
>
> Is there a way to have a context.xml file available to all versions of the
> same application or any other way to do it ?

There isn't an explicit Tomcat feature that would do this.

Could you do something with XML entities? There is a description of them
here: https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Password in the context of
moving passwords to an external file.

Could you create myapplication.txt and then ship each app with a simple
context.xml file that included the above file?

Mark