Lou,

On 11/16/18 9:56 AM, Lou Wallace wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am in need of some help in getting mod_jk installed on a new
> google cloud server.
>
> Right now it has Apache, Tomcat, Java, mysql, perl and python
> installed. But mod_jk isn't there.
>
> When I try yum install mod_jk it isn't found in any of the
> mirrors.
>
> I've been to the Tomcat site and when I try and get binaries or
> source it sees I am on a windows pc and forces me to those
> directories.

Not true. You can download any package you want.

https://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

Click on whatever package you want and download it. Only binaries for
Windows are provided. If you aren't on Windows, you have to either go
to your package-manager (who doesn't have it, in this case) or build
from source.

> So, if someone can give me a simple set of commands to do this it
> would be awesome.

$ wget
http://mirrors.sonic.net/apache/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/tomcat-conne
ctors-1.2.46-src.tar.gz
(this is from a mirror; feel free to pick another)

$ wget
https://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/tomcat-connector
s-1.2.46-src.tar.gz.sha512

$ sha512sum -c tomcat-connectors-1.2.46-src.tar.gz.sha512

(check all is okay)

$ tar xzf tomcat-connectors-1.2.46-src.tar.gz

$ cat tomcat-connectors-1.2.46-src/native/BUILDING.txt

Now, read.

?

> Preferable it will be done from the ssh client on the cloud
> server.

How else would you do it?

Alternatively, have you considered using mod_proxy_*, which is
built-into Apache httpd?