On November 22, 2018 4:19:40 PM UTC, GNK G <gnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello Team,
>
>According to the below link, we can check the vulnerability using
>"status"
>worker
>
>https://www.immunit.ch/blog/2018/11/01/cve-2018-11759-apache-mod_jk-access-bypass/
>
>I am able to simulate the issue using the above method.
>
>But it is specific only to "status" worker.
>
>Does that mean, the issue is only specific to "status" worker, if we
>don't
>use it, is it not vulnerable.

No. The vulnerability is not specific to the status worker.

>I am trying the same method in other URL (by appending ;) in our
>server, it
>is always going for authentication. So can I assume, it does not affect
>other part in our server.

No. Whether or not you are vulnerable will depend on multiple factors.

If you are applying access controls in httpd to a subset of the URLs served by
Tomcat or if Tomcat serves only a subset of the URLs accessible through httpd
then  you are probably vulnerable.

Mark