Guten Tag Christopher Schultz,
am Montag, 26. November 2018 um 16:07 schrieben Sie:

> web.xml
> - -------
> <web-app>
>   <request-character-encoding>UTF-8</request-character-encoding>
> </web-app>

Tested that with Tomcat 9 and this setting fixed my problem the same
as using SetCharacterEncodingFilter. It doesn't work in Tomcat 8.5, I
guess because that simply doesn't implement Servlet 4.0?

Because I still need to support Tomcat 7 and 8.0 for some time, I'll
keep SetCharacterEncodingFilter for now and just document the better
solution. Thanks!

P.S.:

I've send you a private mail some days ago, unrelated to Tomcat. Did
you get that? Just want to make sure that I'm not spam filtered.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de