I filed a bug at Spring JIRA and this is the response I get (
https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-17599):

There seems to be a misunderstanding in that conversation on the Tomcat
mailing list: It's not that we can't find the class of the name
javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer, it's the *ServletContext
attribute* with
name "javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer" that we can't find. In other
words, we can't find a pre-initialized WebSocket container instance.

So the root of the problem you can easily reproduce without Spring: Simply
implement a Servlet and check the return value of
getServletContext().getAttribute("javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer")

People

   - Assignee:[image: juergen.hoeller] Juergen HoellerReporter:[image:
   khteh] Teh Kok HowLast updater:Juergen Hoeller

   - Votes:0 Vote for this issueWatchers:2 Start watching this issue

Dates

   - Created:YesterdayUpdated:YesterdayDays since last comment:10 hours, 48
   minutes ago

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:41 PM Christopher Schultz <