On 22.12.18 13:35, Dhaval Jaiswal wrote:
> I am facing issue of crashing JAVA process and log files attached for
> the same.
>
> Server total RAM is 16 GB.
>
> catalina.sh having following setting.
> export JAVA_MEM_OPTS="-Xms1g -Xmx15g -XX:MaxPermSize=1536m"
>
> Can some one help where could be the problem? Which threads are
> consuming memory. How can i get rid out of this issue.

In addition to all the other great answers you already got: I've made it
a principle to configure production systems with identical values for
-Xms and -Xmx. In the end I'm intending to provide the max memory
anyways, and if something goes wrong along the way (as it does for you
in this situation) I prefer to know of the problems right when I start
up the server - not Sunday night at 3am when it tries to allocate the
missing (and allowed) chunk of memory from the OS before failing.

Experimenting along this principle will help you to quickly figure out
how much memory your system actually can provide (be aware of the
required non-heap memory that Christopher mentioned, when forming your
expectations.

Cheers,

Olaf