Rajendra,

On 1/6/19 11:57, Rajendra wrote:
> Yes, TLS 1.2 protocol not enabled by default prior to jdk1.7.0_131
> version. It has to enabled explicitly in order to support TLS1.2 if
> you are using earlier versions of jdk1.7.

This is a Tomcat option and not a JDK option. If the JVM supports
TLSv1.2 and you have a reasonably recent version of Tomcat, the
default is to enable TLSv1, TLSv1.1, and TLSv1.2.

If you have specifically DISABLED those protocols (by specifying a
list of protocols that does NOT include them), then they will in fact
be disabled.

- -chris

> From: John Larsen Sent: 06 January 2019 11:17 To: Tomcat Users
> List Subject: Re: Tomcat SSL - unsupported protocol or cipher suit
> error
>
> I have run into this and solved it.
>
> Basically its due to JDK versions 7 and older. Two options to fix.
> 1. upgrade to jdk8 2. Add the following to your JAVA_OPTS or
> CATALINA_OPTS: -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2
> -Dhttps.cipherSuites=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
>
> John
>
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 6:39 AM Rajendra
> <rajendrapopur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sameer, can you please share Connector element for ssl port in
>> server.xml file?
>>
>> Also, what is Jdk version you are using?
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> Rajendra
>>
>> From: Sameer Umbrajkar Sent: 06 January 2019 08:13 To:
>> users@tomcat.apache.org Subject: Tomcat SSL - unsupported
>> protocol or cipher suit error
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am trying to  configure SSL (HTTPS) for Apache Tomcat 8.5.13. I
>> am facing below error after importing the certificates.

This page can’t be displayed

>> Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and
>> try connecting to *https://localhost:8443
>> <https://localhost:8443/> *again. If this error persists, it is
>> possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher
>> suite such as RC4 (link for the details)
>> <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=735074>, which is not
>> considered secure. Please contact your site administrator

To generate Key store