I am trying to convert some url rewriting rules from tuckey rewrite
filter to tomcat's rewrite valve.

In my context.xml I have

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.rewrite.RewriteValve" />

In my WEB-INF directory I have a rewrite.config file with a couple of rules.

In tomcat's logging.properties I have

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[hostname].level = FINEST

in catalina.out I see

21-Jan-2019 19:28:36.969 FINE [main]
org.apache.catalina.valves.rewrite.RewriteValve.startInternal Read
configuration from: /WEB-INF/rewrite.config
21-Jan-2019 19:28:36.971 FINE [main]
org.apache.catalina.valves.rewrite.RewriteValve.parse Add rule with
pattern ^(.*)\.[0-9]{13}\.(css|js)$ and substitution $1.$

(plus other lines for other rules)

on startup but this is all I see.

The few rules I have in there work, but I would like to debug as I go
when adding more rules. Does the valve not log anything as it is
processing rules?

Chris