Von: Jerry Malcolm
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Februar 2019 07:27
An: users@tomcat.apache.org
Betreff: Parallel Tomcat Instances On Same Server

I need a bit of brainstorming.  I have a production Tomcat server that
hosts several web sites.  A couple of these websites are
high-availability sensitive.  Any downtime will cost the customer.  So
obviously I want to minimize downtime.  On the other hand, I am always
adding/removing/testing other virtual hosts which requires configuration
changes and periodic reboots of Tomcat.  I'm not at CPU capacity or
memory capacity on the box. So that is not the problem.  What I'd really
like to do is run both a production TC instance AND a 'development/test'
TC instance on the same box with the luxury of bouncing or taking the
dev TC down any time necessary without affecting the production TC.  I'm
using Apache httpd as the front end and routing via mod_jk to TC. The
separation of function on the two instances would be at domain level.
Domain A runs on production, Domain B runs on dev.  I am using the basic
mod_jk worker config currently.  If I change the dev instance to run a
different port, is it simply a matter of having worker1 and worker2 that
route to the different TC instances, and assign either worker1 or
worker2 to each virtual host in httpd?  I figure some people have done
this in the past. Is this the easiest way to do this?  Is there a better
way?

Thx as always.

Jerry